Mono 2.0 has been released
The Mono Project aims to make developers productive and happy: Mono 2.0 is our gift to the world.
Sponsored by Novell (http://www.novell.com), the Mono open source project has an active and enthusiastic contributing community and is positioned to become the leading choice for development of Linux applications.
- Runs on Linux, OS X, BSD, and Microsoft Windows, including x86, x86-64, ARM, s390, PowerPC and much more
- Develop in C# 3.0 (including LINQ), VB 8, Java, Python, Ruby (http://www.ironruby.net/), Eiffel (http://www.eiffel.com/), F# (http://research.microsoft.com/fsharp/), Oxygene (http://remobjects.com/oxygene), and more
- Based on ECMA Standards
- Built on an implementation of the ECMA Common Language Infrastructure and C#
- Microsoft Compatible API
- Run ASP.NET, ADO.NET, and Windows.Forms 2.0 applications without recompilation
- Open Source, Free Software
- Mono’s runtime, compilers, and libraries are distributed under OSI approved licenses and are available for dual-licensing
- Comprehensive Technology Coverage
- Bindings and managed implementations of many popular libraries and protocols